Board of Directors
The Gathering Place is governed by a voluntary Board of Directors. Who give of their time unselfishly to offer wisdom and guidance to ensure the sustainability of the vision and mission of The Gathering Place. The Board of Directors work on a consensus basis.
2015 Board of Directors
Jesse Martin Bruce Miller
Board President Board Vice President
William Finkill Nancy Martin
Board Treasurer Secretary
Mike Atkins Sandy Atkins
Margaret Finkill Lynn Miller
Integrity & Accountability
Since 1987, The Gathering Place has desired to uphold the highest standards of ethical and professional conduct. Its core set of values have influenced its manner of conduct in which the Board, Administration and staff conduct themselves.
Policy on Confidentiality
Pro-Children Act of 1994
Conflict of Interest Policy
Financial Accountability Policy
The Gathering Place also submits itself to both internal and external site evaluations for fiscal, personnel and programmatic areas in order to keep ourselves transparent in order to evaluate the impact of what we do.
Each client has the right to strict confidentiality and to receive services without discrimination. The Gathering Place shall not discriminate against any recipient of services because of race, color, religious creed, ancestry, national origin, age, sex, or sexual preference.
We at The Gathering Place take seriously our role of stewardship with what the Lord has supplied. We are accountable to God, those who are donating, and the recipients of those blessings.
- We maintain open accountability for our finances. We are a registered 501-C-3 charity.
- We are a registered charity with the PA State Charitable Organizations. In accordance with the PA “Solicitation of Funds for Charitable Purposes Act”, official registration and financial information may be obtained from the PA Department of State by calling toll free within PA 1-800-732-0999.
- Contributions to the ministry are tax deductible to full extent allowed by law.
- We submit to a written Statement of Faith to Judeo-Christian principles.
- We are governed by a Board of Directors.
- Our financial statements are prepared in accordance with generally accepted accounting principles. We obtain an annual audit/financial statement in accordance with generally accepted auditing standards by an independent auditing firm.
- We submit to a Conflict of Interest Policy